lwip-users

[lwip-users] Problem with renewing DHCP after link down/up with the new

From: simeon.trifonov
Subject: [lwip-users] Problem with renewing DHCP after link down/up with the new LWIP V2.0.2
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2017 10:15:23 +0300

Hi,

I’m facing to a problem with the renew of the DHCP after link down/up. With V1.4.1 all worked fine. Probably I’m missing something now. I call correct the functions netif_set_link_up() and netif_set_link_down() when the corresponding events occur. After power on DHCP works fine. But after disconnecting and connecting back the cable, I see that the discover-frame is sent from the stack and an offer-frame is returned from the DHCP server, but there is no reaction from the stack. Also the callback for status change is not called. I tried to call additionally netif_set_up() and dhcp_renew when link up event is generated, but there is no change. Can you give me a hint what I’m missing?

Simeon