lwip-users

[lwip-users] netconn receive UDP from multicast adress

From: MaartenPR
Subject: [lwip-users] netconn receive UDP from multicast adress
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2018 12:39:46 -0700 (MST)

Goodday,

I am working on an implementation of lwip netconn api in combination with
FreeRTOS.
I want to use lwip to receive UDP packets from a mullticast adress.
239.0.0.0 in this case.

The system running lwip is assigned a static ip adress, being
192.169.123.109.

When sending UDP packets to 192.169.123.109 directly I can process them and
echo them back. However, I need to be able to read UDP packets send to the
multicast ip adress 239.0.0.0. To accomplish this I use the following task:

So, I bind to IP_ADDR_ANY using port 60004 (this is the port that the
multicast address receives UDP packets on) and I use the function
netconn_join_leave_group() to subribe to the multicast address.

I do not get any error returns but I do not receive any UDP packets send to
293.0.0.0.

I have been trying for a long time to get this to work but feel like I am
missing something fundamental. Is there a way to accomplish what I need?

Help is very much appriciated!

Greetings,

Maarten