lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] LWIP Raw API receive issue

From: Sergio R. Caprile
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] LWIP Raw API receive issue
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2018 09:31:42 -0300

Well, I can think of a number of reasons for that:
- Your driver is buggy.
- Your port is broken.
- You are actually sending junk.
- Your application is badly written and/or you are not reading what you think you are reading.

Did you
check your driver and port are OK by runnning known-to-work applications like, for example, those in the apps directory or those in the contrib tree ?
sniff the traffic ?

Do you
respect the threading rules ?
have an OS ? How is your NO_SYS ?
have a DMA driver ?

What is it, UDP, TCP ? What is your code ? How do you setup your callbacks ? What do you mean "I read junk", do you actually get a proper pbuf with the proper pbuf->total_len and when properly reading that pbuf you see data that is different than the payload you saw in the traffic capture ?