lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Tcp retransmission with pppos using lwip 2.0.3

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Tcp retransmission with pppos using lwip 2.0.3
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2018 19:42:56 +0100

Are you running over pppos or not? Why did your remove "pppos" from the 2nd mail?

On 01.02.2018 12:49, Kiran wrote:
Hi,
I'm using lwip 2.0.3 with freertos.
I'm running tcp server in my Linux pc and tcp client on atmel
microcontroller with lwip 2.0.3.
I got succeeded in establishing a successful tcp connection with my Linux
pc,but when I start sending tcp messages from client using *send* function I
see it stops sending after 1  or two minutes always.
I observed that it is clubbing all the messages and try to continuously
retransmit.please help me fixing this issue.

Things like this have *very very* often been the result of invalid multitasking in the lwIP core functions. Less often but on second place are buggy drivers.

Try reading the docs (especially "Common pitfalls", see http://www.nongnu.org/lwip/2_0_x/pitfalls.html, does anyone having problems ever read this?) and see if you have buggy code running.

To check multithreading problems semi-automatically, upgrade to latest git master and use LWIP_ASSERT_CORE_LOCKED() - check the existing ports in contrib/ports for examples of how to setup these checks with your OS.

Simon