lwip-users

[lwip-users] lwIP in mainline linux kernel

From: vinay s
Subject: [lwip-users] lwIP in mainline linux kernel
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2018 19:31:54 -0500

Hello All,

I am doing some source code evaluation (cycles spend in various blocks) of TCP/IP stack between linux network stack and lwip. I am able to run lwip in userspace, however for my requirement I would like to put lwip in mainline kernel (either as module or intergrated alternate stack), as running it in userspace fudges the numbers (preemption by high priority processes/interrupts etc).  I am curious as to if this has been already done (any pointers would be helpful).

Please note, I am not looking into lwip in rtos kernels (e.g, RTLinux/RTAI etc).

Thanks,
vks