lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] PCB Stops accepting connections

From: Wouter de Lange
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] PCB Stops accepting connections
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2018 14:37:13 +0100

Thanks for your reply. I enabled all debugging options and found out the issue was due to not calling tcp_accepted() in tcp_accept(). As far as I could have tested thusfar this solves the issue.
Despite memory usage seemed OK in the stats, there were memory errors in the logs. Also the listen backlog filled up.

Well, there is no magic there.
You should be able to first determine if your Ethernet frames are arriving to your device and then being delivered to lwIP. Then you can check
What exactly are you doing with your PCBs ? You know a TCP connection stays open for some time after you close it, do you ? If you happen to open and close all of them, you'll have some time with no one left.
Does it recover after some time ?
Do pings get answered back ?
Are connections rejected ? Is your error callback called ? (Sorry, I'm guessing you are using the RAW API; I already guessed you are using an OS)
Are you properly freeing pbufs ? (Sorry, guessing again)