lwip-users

[lwip-users] Enabling DHCP option 50

From: cookies_do
Subject: [lwip-users] Enabling DHCP option 50
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2018 04:46:35 -0700 (MST)

Hello,

I am using lwIP 2.0.3 in my application and I want to enable DHCP option 50
(Requested IP Address) according to RFC 2132 document (chapter 9.1). This
option should be set in DISCOVER message.

Is it enough to concatenate an option type and length field to the outgoing
DHCP message in dhcp_discover() function in lwIP like this:

options_out_len = dhcp_option(options_out_len, msg_out->options,
DHCP_OPTION_REQUESTED_IP, 4);
options_out_len = dhcp_option_long(options_out_len, msg_out->options,
lwip_ntohl(requested_ip_hex));

Anybody has an idea?

Thank you.