lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Enabling DHCP option 50

From: Patrick Klos
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Enabling DHCP option 50
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2018 08:07:14 -0500

On 2/9/2018 7:46 AM, cookies_do wrote:
Yes, I have tried and it seems like DHCP server just ignored this requested
IP. DHCP server offered another IP and after that DHCP client accepted this
offered IP. IP I have requested is hard-coded just for purpose of testing
this feature "Request IP address". Requested IP address is available.

Have you examined the new packet you created with WireShark or similar to verify the packet is formatted properly?  If so, it's likely that the DHCP server doesn't support (or isn't configured for) the option.

My question is:
Do I have to include some other option in DHCP message or this is enough?

Not sure, but not usually with DHCP.

Patrick Klos
Klos Technologies, Inc.