lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Queueing up UDP packets in RAW api

From: Sergio R. Caprile
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Queueing up UDP packets in RAW api
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2018 09:39:02 -0300

Talking about backfire: looking for the address info inside a pbuf violates the layer independency (someone's got to play the pedantic role...), so I would not rely on that unless willing to chase all sort of strange problems in the field and/or future lwIP versions. I would use the pbuf functions like pbuf_cat() for the queueing (there's an example in the httpd code) and the standard procedures to obtain the other layer info. If you get msgs from many sources, roll your own structure with all the info and a pointer to the pbuf, and queue those instead. Just an idea. Get the sender from your callback arguments, you don't need to unroll the pbuf