lwip-users

[lwip-users] [OT] httpd: download static files from an external HTTP ser

From: Giuseppe Modugno
Subject: [lwip-users] [OT] httpd: download static files from an external HTTP server
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2018 08:15:49 +0100

I think this isn't strictly related to lwip, but it's a request typical on electronic devices where lwip runs, i.e. devices with limited and restricted resources.

I have a limited non-volatile memory where to save html (and css, and images, and javascript, ...) files. Considering that the user will be always online (connected to Internet), I'm thinking to store some big static files (mainly images) on an external webserver.

I know it is perfectly possibile, but I'm trying to find a flexible way to do this. I'd like to have a single point in my files (maybe in a .js file) where to change this behaviour:

  var use_external_server = false;        // or true

Depending on this variable, the URI of some static files should be:

  /img/big_image.png

or

  external.webserver.org/img/big_image.png

Any suggestions?