lwip-users

[lwip-users] makefsdata producing compressed files

From: Giuseppe Modugno
Subject: [lwip-users] makefsdata producing compressed files
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2018 12:48:48 +0100

I compiled makefsdata.c with miniz.c and enabled compression, that is only deflate. It seems it works well here with my files (I tested with Chrome).

However I have a doubt. Is deflate the right compression scheme to use? I read something confusing about deflate, something related to early Microsoft products (servers and clients) that aspects a wrong data format for deflate. Indeed, it seems Apache supports only gzip compression scheme.

What do you think?