lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Problems when setting MEMP_MEM_MALLOC

From: Giuseppe Modugno
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Problems when setting MEMP_MEM_MALLOC
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2018 11:22:25 +0100

Il 14/03/2018 21:24, Nathan Hartman ha scritto:
On Mar 14, 2018, at 3:24 PM, "address@hidden" <address@hidden> wrote:
On 14.03.2018 17:09, Giuseppe Modugno wrote:
#define MEM_LIBC_MALLOC   1

If I try to set MEMP_MEM_MALLOC, I have some strange problems.
I suspect threading issues. I checked on win32 and it seems to work fine. In
the end, there's not really much lwIP does here, everything is delegated to
your C library's malloc code. Maybe that code isn't thread-safe? In that case,
you need to define mem_clib_*() to wrapper functions that protect the heap.
Just a guess: it sounds like your linker script may be placing the heap in the
wrong place, not allocating one at all, and/or it may not be where your C
library expects it to be.

It is very important to give your application enough stack and enough heap, and
to make sure they do not clobber each other as they grow.

I'm starting thinking about an issue similar to "out of memory". Every time the custom file is opened, a mem_malloc(1024) is called and every time the pointer returned is increased. I'm sure the allocated space is freed in fs_close_custom. Maybe it's a problem with fragmentation... I have to make additional tests.