lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Slow HTTP put request

From: jochen
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Slow HTTP put request
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2018 14:27:30 +0200

Speaking of that, why do you use PUT anyway? I would have used POST to
implement what you seem to do. PUT seems rather "unusual" to me...

I thought PUT - because of its history? - is the right thing to send binary data to a server e.g. for firmware update. And a PUT header seems to be easier to create and decode than a POST multipart header. But yes, regarding the article in the previous post labview PUT seems to be unusual and POST seems to be better supported on labview. I'll try to check this out.

I don't know how that client knows about the version of the remote server. It can issue a first request to get the server's version, but that seems
rather unusual, too. And from your traces, that doesn't happen...

But you can try to just make the server report "HTTP/1.0" in every response
instead of "HTTP/1.1" and see what happens...

Regarding the PUT problem labview obviously doesn't care about my HTTP 1.0 replies and still requests expect/continue handing from the server otherwise the server is punished with a second delay. Maybe there is a labview configuration option for HTTP 1.0 ?

BTW: curl wants "HTTP/1.0 100 Continue\r\n\r\n" in the reply. "HTTP/1.0 100 Continue\r\n\" leads to confusion.