lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Out of memory errors under load

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Out of memory errors under load
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2018 06:38:27 +0200

On 27.03.2018 00:37, JM wrote:
[..]
Looking into ethernet_input(), p->ref is sometimes 1 and p->tot_len = 63 after ip_input(p, netif) (in my situation anyway) BUT p->tot_len was 107 before ip_input(p, netif); was called! This seems odd to me as I thought the pbuf is completely consumed and should be freed after  ip_input(p, netif). Is this correct?

That's not odd, it's perfectly valid. Someone consumes the pbuf, hides some headers, but keeps it for later.

Since you said you used some stress testing tool, I guess it's the HTTP server either keeping the pbuf or leaking it. There *were* errors in httpd which I found with such a stressing tool, so Sergio's comment about upgrading is worth thinking about!

Simon