lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] FW: Problem with renewing DHCP after link down/up with

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] FW: Problem with renewing DHCP after link down/up with the new LWIP V2.0.2
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2018 09:49:39 +0200

On 30.03.2018 08:56, SciMan wrote:
Hi!
I have stopped my trials to start-up the DHCP renewing cause it wasn't
really required. But now I'm back to this task and I still cannot find a
solution.
After power on, the device received a new address and all is fine. When I
disconnect and connect the Ethernet cable, I get the following log:
<http://lwip.100.n7.nabble.com/file/t1647/dhcp_renew.jpg>

That's not a log, that's a screenshot. We can't see the packet's contents, so how would we know what's in there?

The address is valid, but the status change callback is not called.

Which status callback do you expect to be called? If everything works fine, the address does not change, so the netif status callback is not called. The link status callback should be called though. And the netif status callback should be called if renewing fails...

This
probably means that the device didn't accepted the new address. I see in the
source of the stack that the callback is called after binding to the new
address (then function netif_set_ipaddr() is called).

No, netif_set_ipaddr() only results in a status callback if the address has changed.

I also don't
understand why there is a second request that is not broadcast. Is that
expected?

Hmm, I don't know. I'll have to check that. Seems wrong...

Simon