lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] FW: Problem with renewing DHCP after link down/up with

From: simeon.trifonov
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] FW: Problem with renewing DHCP after link down/up with the new LWIP V2.0.2
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2018 11:40:35 +0300

Thank you for the response. Yes, it seems that the renewing works well, I
just had a wrong understanding what I have to expect. But the LWIP stack
V1.4.1 worked in a different way and when I migrated to 2.0.2 (now 2.0.3) I
had problems with my code. My mistake, sorry...
Now I'm trying to reconnect the Ethernet cable to another network (different
address area). The device sends a DHCP request which is a broadcast, but the
source is the IP address of the device from the former network and probably
as it is expected, it is not answered. I'm wondering how can I handle this
situation too? Should I use dhcp_stop(), dhcp_start() to be able to handle
all situations by reconnecting instead of dhcp_renew()? But I know that in
this case the DHCP server can give another address to the device. Which way
is the right one?

Simeon

The