lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] two logical ethernet interfaces on the same, physical p

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] two logical ethernet interfaces on the same, physical port?
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2018 16:19:47 +0200

On 14.06.2018 16:13, Kamil Khoury wrote:
I can distinguish the two logical Ethernet ports I created by netif_add() by giving them two different MAC addresses but the problem is that the destination MAC of all received messages is a MULTICAST address which means, the two logical interfaces won't be able to identify which of them should handle the received message.

Well, in that case do what a switch would do: either you know from the multicast address which port should receive the packet or pass the packet to both ports.

Keep in mind, however, that lwIP currently does *not* support two interfaces on the same IP subnet. Well, it works, but you'll have to bind to a device to ensure packets go out from the correct netif.

Simon