lwl-general

[lwl-general] Re: LWL GPL

From: Nicolas Darnis
Subject: [lwl-general] Re: LWL GPL
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 10:22:47 +0200

Dear Rick,

First, I must thank you very much for your mail. It's a great pleasure
to read this kind of mail when I'm just arrived to my job this morning.

For your request, I understand perfectly this license problem. But, I'm
really sorry, I've decided to put LWL under GPL because I don't want
to encourage proprietary software. So, unfortunately for your
proprietary projects, the LWL license will not change from GPL to LGPL.

In an utopist world, if, say x peoples want to use LWL in their
proprietary softwares, I hope y (with y as closer as possible to x) of
them
will change their proprietary softwares to libre softwares.

However, I hope you'll continue to use LWL in your libre softwares.

NB1: Maybe you know LWL-0.8 is available since yesterday (the doc is
up-to-date and a proto has changed in a way that don't need your sources

to be modified).

NB2: I use the word 'libre' in 'libre software', because, in french,
'libre' is relative to freedom and not to the price, instead in english,
the
word 'free' could be relative to these two notions but without
distinction.

Thank you again for your mail.

Hope I'll read you in the future.

Yours,