lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV userdefs.h patch for lynx 2.7

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV userdefs.h patch for lynx 2.7
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 1997 11:40:56 +0900 (JST)

>    * should be able to fire up your main page with lynxcgi:path and everything
>    * should work as if you were talking to the http daemon.
       lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
>    *
> -  * Note that you must use a LYNXCGI_PATH directive in your lynx.cfg file as
> -  * well in order for this to work.
> -  *

I'm not sure we understand what `this' means.  I think that what Fote
is saying here is that you can make a certain directory (path) act like
an httpd directory directive, but that to do _this_ you must have
LYNXCGI_PATH defined.  LYNXCGI_PATH is not in lynx.cfg, so I assume he
meant either TRUSTED_LYNXCGI or LYNXCGI_ENVIRONMENT.

Who's using TRUSTED_LYNXCGI or LYNXCGI_ENVIRONMENT who can tutor us?

Seems to me we have another case (referring to the DIRED functions) where
people haven't been using a Lynx feature.  Truthfully, Jim's is the only
working and complete-enough-for-anyone-to-use lynxcgi setup that's been
run across the list that I remember.  Jim's kind of work is as important
(and much more valuable and economical) as a ton of code added to Lynx.

> !  * Uncomment the following line to define LYNXCGI_LINKS, and when

Now there's an eagle eye!

__Henry
;
;