lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx wrongly blamed

From: Hiram Lester, Jr.
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx wrongly blamed
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 1997 19:31:55 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 14 Mar 1997, Al Gilman wrote:

> Rob, you have been touching on object classes and heredity in
> your styles work.  Is that work going to generate progress on
> this problem?  Is it a feasible approach to objectifying <TABLE>s
> to the point that this <CENTER> is understood not to inherit to
> text within the <TABLE> but still applies after the </TABLE>
> until further notice?  Do we need to go on a jihad against
> <CENTER> and campaign for an appropriate use of the ALIGN=
> attribute on the <TABLE> element or some container wrapping it?

table to be centered on the page, because neither Navigator (3, not sure
about 4) nor Explorer pay any attention to the align=center attribute on
table tags even though it's in the 3.2 DTD.  Enclosing the table in
another wrapper wouldn't help much, because lynx would recognize the <div
the same formatting it does now. :(