lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Re: Win32 Lynx

From: Wayne Buttles
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Re: Win32 Lynx
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 1997 10:04:11 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 15 Mar 1997, Hiram Lester, Jr. wrote:

> > Win32 and 386+ Lynx is up (Version 2.7ac-0.6)
>
> Quick observations... COOL!  Drag and drop works.  I have a couple of
> notes concerning drag and drop.
>
> First, a tip: you can hit G)oto and then drag a file into the Lynx window.
> I notice that the short DOS filename gets sent in this case.  I guess this
> is just the way Windows works with DOS/Console mode applications?

Ever look in the registry or win.ini?  Win95 doesn't actually use LFN's
itself.  It is too stupid :-(

> Second: If a shortcut is dragged and dropped on the Lynx image, it
> actually opens the LNK file and not the target file.  Is this again a
> limitation of Console mode?

Look at it as a limitation to the method.  It is doing exactly what you
asked.  Lynx is not DDE enhanced so it just looks at the filename WIn95
gives it and goes.  Anyone know DDE programming?

> Third: While entering E:\test.html no longer crashes it, entering E:\ or
> e:/ or file:///e:\ will.  The only way to get a directory listing is to
> enter file:///e:/.

I will test that.  I had fixed it, but it broke something else so I fixed
that.  You know how it goes.

> ARGH, I still can't get Lynx to run my editor...

> HTParse: Result:/users/student3/cosc/cosc0065/public_html/index.html

Whooooa.  What exactly are you trying to edit?  I believe you are trying
to do something I don't.  Edit works for me in writing an email.

Wayne

;
;