lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV using Lynx as an automatic internet agent

From: A. R. Vener
Subject: LYNX-DEV using Lynx as an automatic internet agent
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 1997 11:41:13 -0500 (EST)

Hi,
I'm trying to get Lynx to run automatically, posibly under a
cron task, on a Unix system.

From looking at the help pages it looked like I could use
the -get_data or -post_data options and simply pipe
the cgi data to the lynx with something like:

echo "source=core;valname=ridley---" | lynx -post_data
http://www.site.com/cgi-bin/script.pl";

Is this how it is supposed to work? I've played around with it
for a few days without much success.

Is there a way to record via a manual session what the
cgi data string should be?
I tried running Lynx manually and after executing the cgi
script I'd save the result as a document to my bookmark file.
This sometimes gave me what looked like a cgi string, but
using the above approach never let me duplicate the session.

Any suggestions or pointer to documentation on how this can
be done would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Rudy Vener
;