lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV lynx download script

From: Robert Bonomi
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV lynx download script
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 23:23:01 -0600 (CST)

+ Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 21:58:37 -0700
+ From: address@hidden (Scott McGee (Personal))
+ To: address@hidden
+ Subject: LYNX-DEV lynx download script
+ Sender: address@hidden
+
+ Hi all,
+
+ I had one of our users ask me today if I had an easy way to download files
+ off the web overnight. It occured to me that a script that could take a time
+ and a url as input could register a lynx download command to be executed at
+ the desired time via cron. I am wondering if anyone has such a script, or
+ maybe parts of it that can be addapted to this use. (Especially the code
+ to mess with time and cron!)

hell, use 'at' for _that_ part of the problem.
then it becomes utterly _trivial.

+
+ Also, I recall once on one system I used a command called leave that would
+ take a time as input, and tell you that it was time to get ready to leave
+ about 5 minutes or so before, and then get increasingly insistant about
+ telling you to leave until you logged off. Anyone know of such a beast, and
+ where to get it or something similar?
+
+ [Don't worry, I am not going to ask that the chron stuff be added to lynx
+ so that I can say "lynx -download <URL> -time <time> -name <output_filename>".
+ That'd be rediculous. I would like a nice script though.]

is -this- good enough?
   #!/bin/sh
   echo "lynx -dump" $2 ">>lynx.savefile" |at $1

;
;