lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV gzip support for win32 lynx 2.7

From: JOHNLIM
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV gzip support for win32 lynx 2.7
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 97 23:05:00 +0800

Wayne Buttles <address@hidden> wrote:

 > First thank you for making Lynx-win32 available whoever did it: it is
 > great! I use it a lot as a java documentation browser. Under Linux I
 > gzip all the HTML files and Lynx displays them without any problem.
 > Under Windows95 it tries to unzip the file and then aborts with the
 > following message: "unable to connect to ftp host"
 > What am I doing wrong?
 Bu> You aren't doing anything wrong.  I just missed that one.  Should be
 Bu> fixed in the next release.
Speaking of gzip and Lynx32, FYI (if you don't already know) Wayne I just
saw a mention of a gzip/gunzip for Win32 which *does* support long
filenames in the Virtuall *NIX site...

It's in the Unix95 archive :

http://www.itribe.net/virtunix/unix95.6.zip

---
 John Lim Eng Hooi * Email address@hidden
 CoSysOp, Cyber City BBS +603-7587400 * Cyber HQ [http://www.cyberhq.net.my]
 Associate Editor-In-Chief, DJnet * DJnet [http://www.cyberhq.net.my/djnet]
 [ Ever stop to think, and forget to start again? ]

;
;