lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV Re: Go and No-Go for email form

From: Al Gilman
Subject: LYNX-DEV Re: Go and No-Go for email form
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 1997 09:17:55 -0500 (EST)

  From: address@hidden
  Date: Mon, 31 Mar 1997 16:16:24 +0530 (GMT+5:30)

  Thank you for replying to my query. However, what you have not clarified
  is : If I am sending a mail from a "mail to:URl", how do I send/submit the
  message (you have informed that it is Ctrl-G tocancel).

The way that Henry described is the most convenient.  This
requires that you use the o)ptions menu to designate an editor to
be used in composing mail.  Until you do designate an external
editor, the process is a little different.

If you have not designated an editor, Lynx uses a built-in typing
function.  In this case the signal that you have finished the
message is for you to type a single period '.' on a line by
itself.  This is mentioned in a message to you as you start.
This is how you end typing mode and get to the "Send this
message?" confirmation request if you have not designated an
external editor to use.

--
Al Gilman

PS to the list: the fact that this is a FAQ demonstrates that
even 'though there is a message explaining this, it is not a
user-friendly feature.  The UI would be easier to use if a
sufficiently self-explanatory editor (e.g. pico) were bundled in
the distribution and the out-of-the-box configuration used it.

;
;