lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Re: future plans for lynx

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Re: future plans for lynx
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 1997 06:55:30 -0400 (EDT)

> > works for now.  But either a make clean should delete the cache or configure
>
> Isn't that "make distclean" versus "make clean"?  Theoretically someone
> may want their cache to stay so they don't have to reconfigure; they just
> want to rebuild.  I could stand some enlightenment on this point.  Perhaps
> this is something that should be put into the INSTALLATION draft.
right.  "make distclean" removes the cache.  normally you should do a
"make distclean" after applying a patch since there are a lot of dependencies
that are not checked (even disregarding the config.cache ;-).

> While I'm on configure, it seems to me the linking process occurs twice
> now, once for "make" and again for "make install".  Is it intended that
> way?
yes/no: the linking should have some dependencies associated.  I'll add to
my list to investigate this...

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden