lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Klaus

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Klaus
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 1997 22:40:48 -74900 (EST)

971231 Tom Dickey wrote:
> > it's time to start getting a bit concerned about Klaus (without panicking).
> He said he was going to be moving - and offline for a few weeks.
> (I would assume a new job).

No! read further in my account: he said he HAD just moved in November.
he predicted he would be away for some time starting a few days before 971225,
then suddenly disappeared 971202 in the midst of discussing immediate actions.
i'm reminded of what happened to me some years ago,
when i was suddenly forced to drop everything due to a sick parent in the UK:
rather than a sick Klaus, perhaps a sick father in Europe?
he may have planned a prolonged visit starting with Christmas,
but been called away earlier by sudden worsening of the illness.

> Since the week of Christmas & New Year's are pretty much a dead zone
> I'd not be surprised if he's just taking advantage of a vacation.

no: he wouldn't so suddenly have changed plans in the middle of debate:
look again at what i included from the Archive.

> But next week - sure: let's panic then ;-)

i copied my message to his e-ddress, so possibly something may come back.
but i agree, let's take things sensibly, but prepared to revise plans.