lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV A dummy packet driver for Lynx/DJGPP

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV A dummy packet driver for Lynx/DJGPP
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 1998 18:41:28 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 5 Jan 1998, Wayne Buttles wrote:

> Run with -localhost to prevent that.
>
> On Mon, 5 Jan 1998, Michael Sokolov wrote:
>
> >    Lloyd G. Rasmussen <address@hidden> writes:
> > >It seems impossible to get out until a
> > >two-minute timeout occurs if you accidentally point to an http link,
> > >such as from within your bookmark file.

As Wayne implied, this problem occurs with any packet driver if you are
not connected to the net.  I use a batchfile for local use that
specifies "lynx -localhost" to prevent this hangup.

I tried "skeleton.com".  It seems to work fine.  My only suggestion
would be to clean up the text portions. It still says that it is a
driver for "<foo>", and has text something like "portions copyrighted by
<your name here>".

                               Doug
__
Doug Kaufman