lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV extension languages for Lynx

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV extension languages for Lynx
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 1998 17:44:09 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 6 Jan 1998, Andrew Kuchling wrote:

> Doug Kaufman <address@hidden> wrote:
> >now works better than it ever has. In general, memory is not a problem.
> >DJGPP creates protected mode programs that run using a DPMI manager.  I
> >think that the main DOS lynx problem now is the lack of a functioning
>
>       Ah... I was thinking of the problems of writing code that
> would work on 286-class machines.  DPMI programs require a 386 or

I don't know that it is possible to port lynx as it stands to a 286 DOS
machine.  Wayne has a program derived from lynx called "bobcat" that
works on 286 processors.  I believe there is a separate mailing list for
it.  Information is on Wayne's web page:
"http://www.fdisk.com/doslynx/bobcat.htm";

All of the DOS ports of lynx require at least a 386 processor.  If a
preexisting DPMI manageer is not present, CWSDPMI (from the DJGPP
distribution) is recommended. Actually all programs compiled with DJGPP
require at least a 386 processor.
                            Doug
__
Doug Kaufman