lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV WAIS gateway?

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: LYNX-DEV WAIS gateway?
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 1998 18:05:12 -0800 (PST)

The lynx code defaults to using a WAIS gateway at www.w3.org for wais
URL's if direct wais handling was not compiled in. I have used freeWAIS
for the unix executables and have not had trouble with direct wais
access, but have never had a successful wais connection via the gateway.
Have I just been unlucky, or has the wais gateway been defunct for some
time? If it really is defunct, we should probably take reference to it
out of the help files and remove the code that defaults to it.
                            Doug

__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden (preferred)