lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV non-interactive use of lynx?

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV non-interactive use of lynx?
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 1998 19:17:55 -0500 (EST)

980210 Guoguang Lu wrote:
> I want to put a command in the middle unix shell or other program language
> so that some data could be downloaded from a given anonymous ftp site
> or a home page without interference of the user.
> I only know how to download the file by lynx interactively.

i believe you can say  lynx -dump http://etc >file.name :
enter  lynx -help  to get descriptions of switches.

> If lynx cannot do it, could you know any way which can do it?

there's a program  wget  which has been recommended by several people:
goto  ftp://gnjilux.cc.fer.hr/pub/unix/util/wget/ .

> I would appreciate any hints.

no-one else picked this up, so you have my best attempt:
Lynx is developed & maintained by an international co-op of volunteers.