lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Uh oh...: Filip's date-hacking

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Uh oh...: Filip's date-hacking
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 17:26:06 -0800 (PST)

RE Filip's planned date-hacks for bookmarks.

Please, whatever you stick into the bookmarks.html files,
make it so that we INDIVIDUALS can if we want be able
to write our OWN scripts, etc, to "parse" it, at least
to be able to FIND the date/time you seem to want to
insert.

Maybe besides an actual date string, eg dec-25, also
something easy to sort, eg number of seconds since some
fixed date, so WE don't each have to do date-parsing
in whatever scripting-lang or programming-lang we use
(and, there are so many of them).