lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV LYNX reads "off" from .lynxrc set_cursor=on

From: Greg Marr
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV LYNX reads "off" from .lynxrc set_cursor=on
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 08:24:19 -0500

>Moral of the story, if you want to see the cursor, don't use the
>-show_cursor command line switch, because it really means "-hide_cursor".

No, it means change the state of the show_cursor flag to the opposite of what
it would be if this switch were not there.  When the .lynxrc says
show_cursor=off, -show_cursor turns it on, and when .lynxrc says
show_cursor=on,
-show_cursor turns it off.

This is exactly how a toggle is supposed to work.  If the switch had been
named
-toggle_show_cursor, it would have been more clear, but quite a bit longer
to type.

--
Greg Marr
address@hidden