lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV using an external ftp in lynx_386 version

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV using an external ftp in lynx_386 version
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 18:12:43 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 25 Feb 1998, Sabato De Rosa wrote:

> I have tried to figure out an external ftp client for using ftp protocol in
> lynx_386 version. It appears that making configuration as indicated in
> lynx.cfg file the external ftp client is not invoked from lynx. Can you give
> me some hints to solve this problem?

A batch file for doing this is included in the package I put together
for the DOS port of lynx.  See:
"http://www.rahul.net/dkaufman/lynx2.7.1ac-0.111-DOS.zip"; or
"ftp://ftp.rahul.net/pub/dkaufman/lynx2.7.1ac-0.111-DOS.zip";

This will invoke an external ftp client and put you in the directory
specified in the URL. To view a file, however, you will have to download
it with the ftp commands, and then either view it in lynx with "file://"
or use another file viewer. See the included lynx.cfg file and the
README.DOS file. Let me know if it doesn't work for you.

If you have your own batch file, make sure that when at the appropriate
link, you press "." and not "right-arrow" or "return" to invoke the
external program (see the keystroke map with "K" for the "EXTERNAL"
key).
                             Doug
__
Doug Kaufman