lynx-dev

Lynx 2.7.1 bugs

From: Kevin Lowey
Subject: Lynx 2.7.1 bugs
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 1998 14:10:44 -0600 (CST)

Hiya,

We're currently using lynx version 2.7.1 on our Digital Unix (alpha)
machine. There are a couple things I believe are bugs in this version. I
looked through the notes on your web site for bug fixes in 2.7.2 and 2.8
but none of these mention addressing these issues. Could you tell me if
there is a solution to these problems?

1) No Paragraphs in Lists:

In constructs like this:

  <ul>
    <li> some stuff here
    Some more stuff
    </li>
    <li>Second point
  </ul>

The <p> tags are being ignored, or perhaps treated like "<br>". Not so bad
for the things with bullets in front, but if you have multiple paragraphs
in an item then this makes it look like one long paragraph, really ugly.

The DTD for HTML 3.2 says that paragraph and other "%block" items are
supported inside the <li> and <dd> tags.

2) Center aligned tables incorrectly centers the text.

This is supposed to center the TABLE on the screen, but not the text
INSIDE the table. Unfortunately, lynx is treating this like the <center>
tag so all the text within the table is being centered. Lynx should just
ignore the "align="center" attribute for the <table> tag.

I think the developers got confused with the <td align="center"> option,
which IS supposed to center the text within that table cell. (also applies
differently. It isn't supposed to align the text in the table, just the
table positioning on the screen. As such, lynx should not center the text
and should leave it left justified.

Please let me know if updating to 2.8 will fix these problems. If not,
please consider these for correction in your latest version of Lynx.

Thanks,
 - address@hidden - ICQ#7708034 - Fax: (306) 966-6899
   <http://duke.usask.ca/~lowey/>  -  Phone: (306) 966-4826

----- End of forwarded message from Kevin Lowey -----