lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev email in lynx

From: Dennis Reichel
Subject: Re: lynx-dev email in lynx
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 23:30:40 -0400 (EDT)

> There are plenty of standalone character-mode mailer applications.  I
> know that there is a DOS version of PINE; I recommend that you look
> into that.  It can be conveniently started from a jumps file in Lynx,
> from a lynxexec: url, or from a special URL using externals.  It is
> unnecessary for us to develop one specifically for use with Lynx.

Hi, so am I correct in understanding that lynx can serve as a
menu allowing shell users to execute applications?

Are there special security considerations involved if this is enabled?
(such as protection from maliciously designed content...)

> HTML email is an abomination, of course, but you may be able to
> configure your mailer to use lynx -force-html as a pager (shudder).
>
> Lynx integrates well with other stand-alone programs; the addition of
> irrelevant (i.e. non-browser-related) features to Lynx is
> unnecessary.  It is sufficient that each program do its job capably.

As always, the content on this list is quite informative.

TTYL, Dennis Reichel

address@hidden