lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev 500 error problem

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: lynx-dev 500 error problem
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 08:17:17 +0100 (BST)

> We have been living with the 500 error form rejection problem for a year

500 is a generic *Server* problem.  The server may have bugs in handling the
input from a particular browser, but they are server bugs, not browser ones
(serious browser bugs should generate 4xx errors).

If Lynx is to work round this particular one, we need to know how the
server is broken and whether sufficient others are broken the same way that
the risks of the workaround revealing other broken servers are less than the
risks of hitting one with this particular bug.