lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Who could help?

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Who could help?
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 05:26:58 -0400 (EDT)

> Dear Colleagure,
>
>       Thank you for your attention.
>
>       I'm install Lynx2-8 to an OpenVMS Alpha system V7.1. The TCP/IP
> software is Multinet V4.1, released in Mar, 1998. I have modified the
> lynx.cfg
> and userdefs.h files. During built, It was failed. I believe that the code I
> got is not compile with the system.
There's two sources of problems:

        + there are several versions of Multinet, and they may have build
          problems (outlined in the 'PROBLEMS' file).

        + I had modified the include-structure slightly (so that Lynx now
          needs <> includes rather than "" includes.  I can make a patch
          available for that.  I just put a copy of that into the development
          webpage:

          lynx http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/current/lynx2.8rel.3-fixes.patch.gz

(I made the fixes based on a build in a guest account - so this makes the
second person to report problems on VMS).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden