lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Incorrect content-type-headers

From: Ari moisio
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Incorrect content-type-headers
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 15:30:56 +0300 (EET DST)

  Thanks for yor replies. I have tried several times to contact somebody
responsible on those pages. They know the problem but for reason or other
it is not fixed. This is only one case but there may be other severely
misconfigured sites givin incorrect type information.

On Thu, 18 Jun 1998, Michael Warner wrote:

> > i found the same thing with 2-8pre.2, but  <head>  does say  text/html :

  There is something strange with those <meta http_equiv...> tags. Should
they been handled by http server or by browser?

> Wrong head, I think - a HEAD request (']') shows text/plain.

  THat's the problem. I  do not know how to force Lynx render the page as
html when the page is retrieved from server.  Now when i download it to
local disk and then look it it looks OK but i lose all links.  If i insert
<base href=http://www.nkl.fi";> in the beginning of  local copy of that
page i can follow links but retrieved pages are still html source.

  The problem stays: how to force Lynx render page as html despite
mime-headers?

--
Ari Moisio, Niittykatu 7, 41160 Tikkakoski, +358-40-5055239
<address@hidden><address@hidden><address@hidden>