lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Re: Lynx 2.7.1

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: Lynx 2.7.1
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 16:25:41 -0400 (EDT)

980619 Doug Kaufman wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 19, 1998 at 03:42:17PM +0200, Arthur Britz wrote:
>> I am in search for the binaries of Lynx 2.7.1 for Unix OpenServer.
> I think you are trying to get the wrong binary.
> The openserver binary is on the skunkware distribution from SCO.
> Try: "http://www.sco.com/skunkware/osr5/net/lynx/lynx2-7-1.tar.gz";

maybe Mr Britz really needs 2-7-1 due to his Unix OpenServer system,
but he should be told that the latest version of Lynx is 2-8,
which he can get from  www.slcc.edu/lynx/release/ :
it has very many improvements on 2-7-1;
for binaries look at  www.crl.com/~subir/lynx/binaries.html .
if indeed 2-8 doesn't work on OpenServer,
shouldn't lynx-devers be trying to make it do so?