lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Socks5 Support

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Socks5 Support
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 17:25:29 -0400 (EDT)

> I've been searching for any information about socks5 support
> for lynx. I noticed several posts about someone porting it, but
> I haven't seen anything to prove otherwise. Has anyone gotten
> this to work? If so, is there a patch somewhere?
I haven't seen anything concrete - I did a little work on a socks5 patch
for tin last year, and it was a bit ugly since the library needed to
redefine several commonly-used functions (such as fopen), which made
the include-structure complicated.  (Also, I didn't have a good test host
for it).  But if someone does have something - it should not be a big
change to integrate.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden