lynx-dev

lynx-dev Re: lynx primer page

From: Richard D. Piccard
Subject: lynx-dev Re: lynx primer page
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 13:15:53 -0500

On Fri, 26 Jun 1998 09:33:16 -0400 (EDT) Al Gilman
<address@hidden> wrote:

> to follow up on what Philip Webb said:
>
> > there is a need for a WWW page for beginners linked from the Help pages,
> > which i might try to compose given a little time & encouragement;
> > it would need to be hosted somewhere.
>
> You can find some good raw material with a web search on lynx.
> Various university help desks have done "intro to Internet" pages
> that are Lynx based.
>
> An unsolved problem, in my mind, is the web setup that gets
> people to return for lesson two.  The "list links" function
> doesn't make it into lesson one IMHO.  And as you said, it is
> just too useful not to mention.

I guess it depends on how big your first lesson is!  You might find
something useful at

    http://www.ohiou.edu/~acatec/internet/intermediate/lynx.html

This was prepared some time ago as the slide show for a two-hour
seminar whose audience was hands-on using Lynx as the seminar
progressed.

                                RDP

Dick Piccard                  Academic Technology Manager
address@hidden              Computer Services
http://oak.cats.ohiou.edu/~piccard/       Ohio University
(740) 593-1017                           Athens, OH 45701