lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev lynx -lss option bad [BSDI-Support-Request #53069]

From: Larry W. Virden, x2487
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx -lss option bad [BSDI-Support-Request #53069]
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 08:01:26 -0400

Re: maybe lss should be removed

I myself am torn over whether experimental code should be removed if not
currently being worked on.  If it's removed, then it is likely that it
will never be worked on.  If it's present, then perhaps someone will
pick up the banner.  Certainly, if code is present in lynx, experimental
or not, and someone submits a bug fix, then that fix should go in if
the code is going to remain.

If we drop style sheets, have no active work going on to support XML,
don't have plans to add javascript, etc. then how long will lynx continue
to be relevant.  The internet does not stand still - the data available
continues to evolve and progress.  I suspect that once Internet Explorer and
Communitor (or whatever they are called next) start handling XML, we will
see a dramatic move towards data appearing only in that format.