lynx-dev

lynx-dev How to get all the lynks in a page ? (II)

From: HATTON Nicolas
Subject: lynx-dev How to get all the lynks in a page ? (II)
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 19:11:58 +0200

I'm back with this time a compilation problem.
http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/month0798/msg00490.html)

I found the function HText_LinksInLines() in GridText.c which browses
the links of the current document and I tried to use the same mechanism,
so I added the following lines in LYMainLoop.c (~ line 797, after
"*prev_target = '\0';") :

{
TextAnchor *TA;
HTChildAnchor *CA;
HTLink  *HTL;
char    msg2[250];
char    *adresse;

for (TA = HTMainText->first_anchor;                     <-- line 806
TA != HTMainText->last_anchor;                          <-- line 807
TA = TA->next)
        {
        if (TA->show_anchor)
                {
                CA = TA->anchor;
                HTL = &(CA->mainLink);
                adresse = HTAnchor_address(HTL->dest);
                sprintf(msg2, "@LK: %s", adresse);
                _statusline(msg2); sleep(3);
                FREE(adresse);
                }
        }
}

When I try to MAKE, gcc answers me :
./LYMainLoop.c: In function `mainloop':
./LYMainLoop.c:806: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
./LYMainLoop.c:807: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

where 806 and 807 are the (**) lines...

I'm not asking anyone to debug my modifications, of course, but at least
could someone explain to me what does these messages mean ?? The
HTMainText variable (HText *) is used further in this source (without
accessing its members, though). The HText_LinksInLines() function
accesses these members without any problem...

Nicolas

PS : Thanks Lloyd for your suggestion which was quite good, but when I
saw the code I was going through (HTML.c), I tried desperately to find
another way :-))