lynx-dev

lynx-dev URL problem when submitting with the '?' char

From: HATTON Nicolas
Subject: lynx-dev URL problem when submitting with the '?' char
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 12:00:58 +0200

I've got a FORM which is supposed to submit information to a LotusNotes
agent via Domino. The FORM declaration is the following :

<FORM METHOD=GET
ACTION="http://Server/Projets/Name/Mode+caracteres/MOD_CAR.nsf/ListeAcco
rd?OpenAgent&">

The URL the agent can understand (ie which works) is :

http://Server/Projets/Name/Mode+caracteres/MOD_CAR.nsf/ListeAccord?OpenA
gent&?=1999&=2222222222222&=04&=N&=1

(I've got 5 text INPUT in the form)

Unfortunately when I submit it with Lynx2.8pre.5 (SunOS 4.1.3) I get an
error because the URL sent to the server is :
http://Server/Projets/Name/Mode+caracteres/MOD_CAR.nsf/ListeAccord?=1999
&=2222222222222&=03&=N&=1

Where did "OpenAgent&" go ???

I have the same problem with Netscape Navigator 4.05 except that NN
doesn't even send the GET QUERY_STRING in the URL : it stops at
".../ListeAccord?".

BUT : Crimosoft Internet Explorer 2.0 (sic) sends the correct URL when I
click on the Submit button (otherwise I wouldn't be bothering you with
my question :) ) !!!!.

Is there any known problem with the "?" character in an URL ? Any hint ?

Nicolas Hatton