lynx-dev

lynx-dev Re: Help file changes

From: Sinan Kaan Yerli
Subject: lynx-dev Re: Help file changes
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 1998 18:10:40 +0100

(01/09/1998 11:35) Leonid Pauzner:

>>      * From: "brian j. pardy" <address@hidden>
>>
>> On Mon, 31 Aug 1998, Doug Kaufman wrote:
>>
>> > I noticed that in the new download page, the first link is to the
>> > help. It would probably be best if the help were last, so that someone
>> > wishing to download to disk just needs to hit enter twice, instead
>> > of hitting enter, moving down to the second link, and hitting enter
>> > again. Also, when going to help from the download page, there isn't
>> > any way to go back and finish the download. I get taken back to the
>> > page from which the download was chosen.
>>
>> Consider me a second on both of these ideas...
>>
>And me... I think we need no help on all those pages
>but options menu only (as most important).
>Anyway, 'novice' user see h)elp message on the bottom
>and may press 'h' to look keystrokes help etc.

I also think that this is a serious problem. So, shall we go back to
original method before causing more problems deep in the code?
(except for options page) Al?

I think, we should write detailed documentation rather than putting
context sensitive links in the code.

For the 'lynx_site.txt': I am updating my little 'makehelp.c' to trim
config.cache as well as any tailored html file.

Sinan.