lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.1dev.26

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.1dev.26
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 1998 23:45:44 -0400 (EDT)

to follow up on what address@hidden said:

> > 2) This package is signed (e.g. MD5 of cfg_defs.h) for error
> > control.
> I'm not sure - why do you want a checksum against the configuration?

I think that I was thinking of an indexing scheme that would keep
different binaries straight without a registry protocol.  For
example if we were to collect binaries as Subir has done somewhat
at LyBiDO that binaries compiled by uncommunicating programmers
would have a common form of ID key that would be highly unlikely
to collide unless they happened to compile exact duplicate
configurations.

Al