lynx-dev

lynx-dev Re: e-mail problem

From: Philip Webb
Subject: lynx-dev Re: e-mail problem
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 14:34:40 -0500 (EST)

981208 Gail Strickler wrote:
> i emailed the altavista support people with this question
> and they told me they dont support text browsers like lynx.

they shouldn't say that: it's pure ignorance;
anyway, that isn't the problem you're having with their form.

> however, it sounds like you were able to enter a name and password,
> which i wasnt able to do. this may reflect my ignore of lynx,
> since i dont know what the "g" command does.

if you simply enter  lynx , it will run interactively:
then if you enter  g , it will ask you to enter an URL to goto.

> i'm also not sure what version of lynx brandeis has on its mainframe.

enter  =  to get the `current link' page, which shows the version:
2-8-1 is the latest release.

but you still haven't explained what you mean by not being able
to enter your name & password: do you mean you can't write them in the form
or that the form doesn't get sent or that it doesn't work when sent?
as i said, i had no problem with a dummy name & password.

please send your messages to  address@hidden ,
so that everyone will see them & increase your chance of getting help.