lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev UnixWare 2.1.2 pre-compiled Binary

From: Jason Sizemore
Subject: Re: lynx-dev UnixWare 2.1.2 pre-compiled Binary
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 1998 23:43:01 -0500

>                   CPPFLAGS="-I/home/titus/bin/include" \
>                             ^^
> ( get more sleep :-)

*laughs* Just after I sent that, I realized my mistake up there and
added it. THEN, I got that sleep I needed.

Now, the compiling moves smoothly until it's linking and creating the
executable, which hits a brick wall with the following:

 $ make
UX:make: WARNING: No suffix list.
        cd WWW/Library/unix && make CC="cc" \
                LY_CFLAGS="" \
                CPPFLAGS="-I/home/titus/bin/include" \
                LYFLAGS=""
UX:make: INFO: `../../Library/unix/libwww.a' is up to date.
        cd src && make all CC="cc" \
                CFLAGS="" \
                CPPFLAGS="-I/home/titus/bin/include" \
                LIBS="-L/home/titus/bin/lib   " \
                SITE_DEFS="" \
                WWWINC=WWW/Library/Implementation \
                WWWLIB="../WWW/Library/unix/libwww.a"
Compiling Lynx sources
        cd chrtrans && make \
                SITE_DEFS="" \
                CFLAGS="" \
                CPPFLAGS="-I/home/titus/bin/include" \
                CC="cc" tables
Linking and creating Lynx executable
        cc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I/home/titus/bin/include  -I.  -I..
-Ichrtrans  -I./chrtrans  -I..  -I../src
-I../WWW/Library/Implementation     -o lynx  LYClean.o LYShowInfo.o
LYEdit.o LYStrings.o  LYMail.o HTAlert.o GridText.o LYGetFile.o
LYMain.o LYMainLoop.o LYCurses.o LYBookmark.o LYUtils.o  LYOptions.o
LYReadCFG.o LYSearch.o LYHistory.o  LYForms.o LYPrint.o LYrcFile.o
LYDownload.o LYNews.o LYKeymap.o  HTML.o HTFWriter.o HTInit.o
DefaultStyle.o LYLocal.o LYUpload.o  LYLeaks.o LYexit.o LYJump.o
LYList.o LYCgi.o LYTraversal.o  LYEditmap.o LYCharSets.o LYCharUtils.o
LYMap.o LYCookie.o LYExtern.o  LYStyle.o LYHash.o UCdomap.o UCAux.o
UCAuto.o  ../WWW/Library/unix/libwww.a -L/home/titus/bin/lib
SLsmg_forward                       GridText.o
SLsmg_erase_eos                     LYCurses.o
accept
../WWW/Library/unix/libwww.a(HTFTP.o)
SLsmg_erase_eol                     LYClean.o
SLsmg_gotorc                        LYClean.o
SLsmg_normal_video                  LYBookmark.o
SLang_TT_Read_FD                    LYCurses.o
SLtt_set_color                      LYCurses.o
SLtt_Blink_Mode                     LYCurses.o
SLtt_get_screen_size                LYUtils.o
SLsmg_write_char                    LYStrings.o
SLsmg_init_smg                      LYCurses.o
SLang_getkey                        LYStrings.o
SLang_input_pending                 LYUtils.o
SLsmg_write_nstring                 LYOptions.o
SLang_Error                         LYStrings.o
SLtt_add_color_attribute            LYCurses.o
SLsmg_write_string                  LYStrings.o
socket
../WWW/Library/unix/libwww.a(HTFTP.o)
SLang_exit_error                    LYStrings.o
SLtt_set_mono                       LYCurses.o
SLsmg_suspend_smg                   LYCurses.o
SLkm_define_keysym                  LYStrings.o
connect
../WWW/Library/unix/libwww.a(HTTCP.o)
SLsmg_get_column                    LYStrings.o
listen
../WWW/Library/unix/libwww.a(HTFTP.o)
gethostbyname
../WWW/Library/unix/libwww.a(HTTCP.o)
SLtt_Use_Ansi_Colors                LYCurses.o
SLexpand_escaped_string             LYStrings.o
SLtt_Screen_Rows                    LYCurses.o
SLtt_Screen_Cols                    LYCurses.o
getsockname
../WWW/Library/unix/libwww.a(HTFTP.o)
bind
../WWW/Library/unix/libwww.a(HTFTP.o)
gethostname
../WWW/Library/unix/libwww.a(HTTCP.o)
SLtt_set_mouse_mode                 LYCurses.o
SLang_init_tty                      LYCurses.o
SLsmg_Display_Eight_Bit             LYCurses.o
SLsmg_Backspace_Moves               LYCurses.o
SLsmg_get_row                       LYStrings.o
SLang_flush_input                   LYStrings.o
SLsmg_reset_smg                     LYCurses.o
SLang_reset_tty                     LYCurses.o
SLsmg_set_color                     LYCurses.o
SLang_create_keymap                 LYStrings.o
SLsmg_refresh                       LYCurses.o
SLang_undefine_key                  LYStrings.o
SLsmg_draw_box                      LYOptions.o
SLtt_get_terminfo                   LYCurses.o
SLsmg_resume_smg                    LYCurses.o
SLsmg_reverse_video                 LYBookmark.o
SLsmg_Newline_Behavior              LYMail.o
SLsmg_fill_region                   LYOptions.o
SLtty_set_suspend_state             LYCurses.o
inet_addr
../WWW/Library/unix/libwww.a(HTTCP.o)
SLang_do_key                        LYStrings.o
SLtt_flush_output                   LYCurses.o
UX:ld: ERROR: lynx: fatal error: Symbol referencing errors. No output
written to lynx
*** Error code 1 (bu21)
UX:make: ERROR: fatal error.

I once ran into something simular like this with Lynx 2.6 I believe but
that was a long time ago and can not recall how I fixxed it. Regardless,
it seems the newer code changes from 2.7 to 2.8.1 makes everything a bit
easier. You are right about the minimal errors and I'm sure this is one
of them.

Any comments?

Thanks for ecverything, Tom!!

--Jason--