lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev ENABLE_SCROLLBACK & PARTIAL_DISPLAY conflict

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev ENABLE_SCROLLBACK & PARTIAL_DISPLAY conflict
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 1998 20:05:23 -0600 (CST)

On Sun, 27 Dec 1998, Michael Warner wrote:

> OK, with proxying turned off and the lynx cache set to the
> minimum "2":
>
>   SCROLLBACK off                                         -> no problem
>   SCROLLBACK on & PARTIAL off                            -> no problem
>   SCROLLBACK on & PARTIAL on  & THRESHOLD = {-1|1|10|40} -> problem
>
> So it looks like the THRESHOLD value doesn't matter.
>
> I originally thought that pages pulled from the caching proxy
> rendered OK regardless of the SCROLLBACK and PARTIAL settings,
> but I was in error.  Proxy use seems to have no effect.  Pages
> from lynx's cache DO render without the problem, however.
>
> Also, the first screenful of the page flashes briefly, then
> gets wiped in favor of the "title, 1st link, status line"
> minimalism.
>
> This is dev10, configured with:
>
> --enable-externs --enable-persistent-cookies
> --enable-nsl-fork --with-screen=slang --with-zlib
> --enable-forms-options --enable-gzip-help --enable-cgi-links
> --enable-warnings --enable-exec-links
> --enable-exec-scripts --enable-alt-bindings
> --enable-debug --enable-find-leaks
> --enable-internal-links --enable-kbd-layout
> --disable-underlines --enable-warnings
>
> Anything else that might help you?

Nothing that comes to mind now.  I guess I have to try whether I can
reproduce it.  My suspicion was that is has something to do with the
change

  1998-12-03 (2.8.2dev.8)
  * added logic to display_page to avoid repainting the full screen [...]

but maybe it doesn't.  If it does, then that could just be disabled at
least for slang, where it wasn't necessary in the first place.

   Klaus